Sunday, August 15, 2010

Daily Report: Hair Talk

About once a week, Epril comes and sits down next to me. "Can I cut my hair?" "Sure," I reply. She pouts and says, "Why do you always say no?" Epril knows I like her hair long, and she suspects that I'm saying "yes" just to humor her.

But, I did finally relent and let Epril go and get her hair rebonded. I have no idea what that means, but apparently they were having a sale: Only 3,000 pisos. It's basically like a clear coat for hair. Now Epril's hair is all shiny.

I went to test drive a Mitsubishi Jeep Commando, surplus military, 4-wheel drive. My friend Aldrin was selling it with financing for 280,000 pisos... about $6,200. It was in need of some repairs, especially the brakes. But I didn't buy it because I just didn't like driving it. The clutch and brake had huge spans of almost 12 inches, and the steering wheel was almost 8 turns, lock to lock, no power. Essentially, it was like driving a very large truck, but was the size of a Jeep Wrangler.

While Epril was getting her hair rebonded, I went to Kingston Lodge and had some beers.

No comments: