Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Report: Jungle Jumpers Go 4-0

A fair day of work today, but I got started quite late. That's been my main problem recently: Getting started at work nice and early.

About three years ago, I started taking Zyban to stop smoking. It's the same drug as Wellbutrin, an antidepressant, just under a different name. I never stopped taking it because I loved the fact that when on the medicine, I always bounced out of bed after exactly 8 hours of sleep, refreshed and ready to go. However, after 3 years on the drug, I wasn't getting out of bed quite as well as I used to, and I figured that whatever benefit I was getting had worn off. So I stopped taking the drug, and I'm still getting out of bed in the morning fairly well... with Epril's help.

Mostly, I'm getting to work late because I find things on the internet (like the posts I put above about creativity and expats, and that 1960's video about the internet) that grab my attention.

Anyway, I got started at work around 1:00 in the afternoon, and worked through until about 6:00.


The Jungle Jumpers had their first game tonight in their new uniforms. As before, I was there for the first half: They were ahead 12-6 after the first quarter, and then collapsed to 15-16 in the second quarter. So I left. As per usual, as soon as I left, the team came from behind and won. Epril, Susan, and Ednil stayed around to cheer though.

We're sleeping without the air conditioning now... and getting along pretty well with just the fan. That should cut our electricity bill in half if we can go without it most nights.

2 comments:

C T Dunn said...

Nice looking uniforms, cute mascot in the center. Do those two guys actually play in those sandals?

Nancy and I sponsored a team in 2007, our uniform costs were in line with yours. Thirteen for the guys plus two or more for the kids and a top which she sent me.

I have pictures on the Expats in CdO group - A Basketball Team in Bukidnon.

CT Dunn

Jil Wrinkle said...

I don't know if those 2 guys changed out of their sneakers or were playing in them. I did not notice during the game.