Sunday, March 23, 2008

Daily Report: Full House


The Gontinas Family: Susan, Ednil,
Epril, Dimple, Doreen, Inday, mom
and dad (Nila and Eddie).
I gave my broken alarm clock another try: I figured, how can a digital alarm clock keep bad time? I set the clock, and set the alarm for 7:00 a.m. When the alarm went off, I hit the snooze button... and then again and again and again... until 9:30 in the morning.

When I sat down at my computer, it was 6:30 a.m. I guess my alarm clock really is broken.

I got to work at about 8:00, and Epril showed up with her family at about 10:00... including her father, who made a surprise appearance, managing to get away from his fishing boat for Easter.


Even the streets outside are packed
for Easter Morning sunrise service at
the Catholic Church in Jassan.
For lunch, Epril's mother cooked afritada (pork, potatoes, carrots, and other vegetables stewed in a pot), and pansit guisado (some kind of Filipino lo mein), along with fried chicken. With 9 of us in the house, it was quite a change from the lonely tranquility of yesterday.

We spent most of the day watching movies. We watched "Monsters, Inc.", "Pirates of the Carribbean part 3", and "Toy Story". (I do my best to keep things "rated G" when little kids are around... while Epril and Susan chose "Pirates".)

For dinner, Epril and I drove up to SM Mall and bought a bunch of fried chicken from the fast food joint "Greenwich", which was quite good.

Tonight, Susan, Ednil, and Inday went to sleep in Susan's bedroom; mom and dad and little Dimple slept on the bed in my office, while Epril and I slept with Doreen in our bedroom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter JILY
-Franky

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family Jil. Life looks pretty good through your eyes.

from Jakal

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks Franky, thanks Jakal. Happy Easter to both of you as well. Let's hope that life stays good for all of us in these times ahead.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jil, Life does look good for you, I on the other hand am here in NYC not wanting to ride the 1 train any more! lol. I wanted to know how you got into the work you do? Any pointers for a guy who needs a better way?

Jil Wrinkle said...

Jon: You need a better way?

Try getting off the 1 train at 96th street and getting on the 2/3. That's the way I got into work every day for 5 years, and it worked very well.

click here