Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Microwave Liquid Explosion

I had this happen to me this evening while heating some soup in the microwave: It started to sizzle after about 45 seconds, so I stopped the microwave, opened the door, stuck in a spoon to stir it, and WHOOSH! Ultra hot soup splashed out of the dish. Fortunately, it wasn't very much soup, and not too much hit my hand, but the experience did leave a couple of red spots on my skin.

But yes, lesson learned: With liquids in a microwave, don't ever go sticking a spoon or anything into the liquid, because it can suddenly explode.

(I had heard of this before, but it obviously was not in my mind when I thought to stir my soup!)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I did not know this. Thanks for the info. Glad you didn't hurt yourself too much.