Monday, October 18, 2010

Daily Report #2: Shakeys, Diet Starts Tomorrow

After Kingston Lodge, Epril and I went to Limketkai Mall to do a bit of shopping and have dinner.

Epril told me (after mentioning how much I missed Subway) that Shakeys restaurant now has a good sub sandwich for sale. We went and tried it.

At first, I balked at the 589 pisos ($13) price tag, but when I saw that it comes with:

A liter and a half of root beer...

A rather big pile of "potato chips" (very tasty)...

And the sub is this gargantuan 18 x 5 inch thing, I decided to give it a try.


Overall, it's a pretty damn good sandwich. It's not loaded with huge amounts of meat, and the meat isn't the very top quality... but it has 2 kinds of salami, plus ham, plus cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a vinaigrette. It will feed three people easily... or me and my twin brother.

My only complaint is that you can't "break up" the meal and order just the sandwich for take-away. The root beer and potato chips come along whether you want them or not.

No comments: