Sunday, April 11, 2010

Investment Opportunity

Okay guys. Now is your chance to get invested in The Philippines. My chicken farm needs capital. I can't reveal too many details here on the blog, but anybody who writes to me can get a full prospectus. First:
  1. Chickens sell in The Philippines for $2.05 (95P) per kilogram. Any chickens that my farm grows will sell for $2.05 (95P) per kilogram.
  2. I have spent the last 12 months finding ways to cut the costs of growing a chicken, and my farm setup will grow a chicken for $1.30 (60P) per 1.2 kg chicken. I can't tell you how I'm getting the cost so low, but that's a very accurate number based on my year's research.
  3. Therefore, I will be profiting $1.16 (54P) per chicken. ($2.05 x 1.2 – $1.30) (95 x 1.2 - 54)
Second:
  1. I've invented a way that I can (a) harvest chickens every day, instead of every 40–50 days, (b) and still expand my farm easily and inexpensively. I can't tell you how I'm able to do this, but it's a process that is confirmed by my friend Nelson, who is a retired chicken farmer from Arkansas.
  2. Every chicken distributor (including Jollibee) wants nothing more than a steady, daily supply of chickens. Yet, no other farm in The Philippines (except for a few huge ones) currently does this. When I open this farm, I will be meeting the as-yet-unmet demand of every chicken distributor in The Philippines.
  3. Therefore, I'll be able to sell as many chickens at $1.16 (54P) profit as I am able to produce.
Third:
  1. The starting production level of the farm will be 500 chickens per day.
  2. All profits from the farm for the first year will be reinvested to expand the farm to a capacity of 3,500 chickens per day at the end of the first year.
  3. By the end of the fourth year, it is planned to have 4 or 5 farms operational on the island of Mindanao, selling a total of 20,000 chickens per day.
Fourth:
  1. Investments are in blocks of $3,000 (138KP). Each block receives a 1% stake, in perpetuity, fully transferrable, and will not be degraded by additional issuances or further capital requests.
  2. ROI (starting at the capacity of 3,500 per day... at the end of year #1) per block at 3,500 chickens per day is approximately $1,218 (56KP) per month, or 41% ROI per month. ROI per block of $3,000 (138KP) at 20,000 chickens per day at year #4 is approximately $6,960 (320KP) per month, or 232% ROI per month.
  3. All investors will receive weekly updates of business operations.
  4. Additional information regarding production, start up costs, FAQ, performance estimates, additional income through droppings and innards, Philippine-specific concerns, and the proprietary growing and barn methods I have invented are available upon request.
I look forward to hearing from you. I am currently looking for pledges, and will only request transfer of funds once 120% of needed investment capital has been pledged by investors. Larger pledges of investment, however, may be subject to confirmation.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be interested to see the uptake - Investing in your business.

Daryle

Anonymous said...

who will buy 20,000 chickes everyday?

Jil Wrinkle said...

There are 1 million chickens consumed every day in The Philippines.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jil, I have the same ideas for a Poultry house. I have also ideas for freezer and cool systems for the local people.. I was in Cavite before. My family lives there. How is your setup growing now? I am live in the Netherlands and will going soon to the Phillipines.

best regards
Robin Franken

paga_uk1 said...

Would be interested to hear how your farm business has developed over the last 12 months setting up your business in mindano might have put some foreigners off because a lot of bad things have happen there in the past and it might not be a very safe place to live and work from my experiance going to philippines the visayas seem a much safer place to live and work

Dabog said...

Dear Jil, How was this business going? I am interested to hear the outcome of this business,I am also wanted to start a poultry business or piggery business but it is so hard to find a place with structure that i can rent. tnx...>> obet_5772002@yahoo.com

Jil Wrinkle said...

A couple of things that I've learned since I wrote this article: First is that you have to be very careful about who has ultimate control over your business. A friend of mine literally had his business stolen from him. If you rent a property, will you still have that property once your business is doing great? The most important thing: Do not rent anything, make sure that you have full control over everything, and that nobody can usurp your authority.

I have moved on to other ideas since this one, and while it is still a good idea, there are a couple of areas of the business model that are vulnerable, as I mentioned: It requires you to actually put trust in people that you might be mistaken for doing so.

trekblazer said...

Since you've moved on to other ideas, care to share what the "secret formula" is for growing a chicken at low costs?

Jil Wrinkle said...

The secret is to (1) buy your own hatchery and incubators to lower the cost of creating a chick to 8 pisos each from 25-30 pisos each (assuming you can find them at all), and (2) buy your own slaughter house, to lower the cost of slaughter from 6 pisos to 1 pisos per chicken.

Another way to lower costs is to create your own chain of Lechon Manok stands, and sell your chickens to the public already cooked. Profits would have been (at 2010 prices) approximately 65 pisos per chicken when sold at 125 pisos each.

Additionally, another way to lower costs that I was planning to add to the mix after a certain volume of chickens per day was reached, was to rent one square kilometer of farmland, and grow my own chicken feed. That would have lowered the cost of chicken feed to (I forget the exact numbers now) from about 40 pisos per chicken down to about 10 pisos per chicken.

Finally, as one last cost-cutting (and safety) measure, the installation of solar panels at the farm to power incubators, and other electrical factors of production would have lowered the cost of a chicken another 10 pisos per chicken.

With those last 2 factors in place, the cost of growing a chicken and selling it cooked (my "egg to foil" idea, as it was called, since the cooked chicken is sold wrapped in tin foil) would have been around 25 pisos, and the profit per chicken would have been around 100 pisos per chicken, with an expected volume of 5000 chickens per day from the farm selling to about 80 lechon manok stands after a growth period of about 2 years.

nilopillow said...

Hi, Jil Wrinkle!

How are you? I was reading your blog. And you seem to be knowledgable about this poultry industry.

I dont know how to reach you. But I really want to learn from you. I am Jay, 28 years old. I am into travel business but this year I want to enter into poultry farming. I am thinking of developing my Parent's Land in Calauag Quezon. They have 10hectares land. I want to make use of land.. Please send me a message. here is my email address: jaybuen@yahoo.com

Hoping to hear a positive reply. Please share your expertise.

Sincerely,
Jay

ARGO said...

Hi Jil are you open to be engaged as my poultry business consultant?

please email me
go.andlen(at)gmail(dot)com

(I have replaced some email characters to avoid getting spammed)

Thanks

Jil Wrinkle said...

No, sorry everyone. This idea was from 3 years ago. I've since moved on to other projects. While I still think there is lots of money to be made in poultry farming, I am no longer in The Philippines, and for the time being I am not focused on chicken farming.