Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Don't Want To Know Any More

My former Congressman Eric Massa went on Glen Beck's show today and made an ass out of himself, promoting a woe-is-me tale of political pressure, "bribes", and fabulist nude shower chest poking by "son of demon spawn" Rahm Emmanuel. Oh holy shit.

I guess when you've fucked up your life past a certain point, you might as well go all Tawana Brawley, and go on the television show of the white Al Sharpton and start flinging poo. (I guess I should at least give Beck credit for apologizing for wasting an hour of America's time at the end of the interview.)

One person commented here that there would be more to this story. I knew for sure there would be some gay Mark-Foley-style bullshit coming up. Hardly a surprise, really: Massa's "gay behavior" has been floating around the internet for a while, starting with Rochester radio talk show host Bob Lonsberry, who claims he knew for years. However, I doubt anybody could see coming this madcap cockamamie political shooting spree that even got crazy Glen Beck pushing his chair back from the table to take a deep breath... that's a humdinger of a fucked up exit, man.

And what's the point? Distraction? Misdirection? Pity? "I've got cancer, Washington sucks, Rahm Emmanuel is a dick... oh, and I apologize for being a queer tickle fiend." That's your tack, Congressman?

If I didn't have my pride and appreciation focused on Massa at the very point when he was groping and tickling a staffer "until he couldn't breathe"... if I wasn't admiring his political fortitude at the very same time he was acting shocked-shocked-I-tell-you at the fundamental Washington way of doing business... if I wasn't acknolwedging the boldness of his liberal politics while holding a conservative district while he went on national television to blast the entire Democratic establishment on his way out the door like some shirty 12-year-old... I might be able to see the humor in all of this.

Instead, all I can think: What a petty, shallow, and weak-spirited douchebag. Your 15 minutes are up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Eric Massa, my member of Congress, whom I greatly admired for his politics,"

Heros with clay feet.

Mike Farrell
Cagayan de Oro

Trieste said...

You had me on the floor laughing my ass off when I was reading this posting.
Very witty.
Unfortunately, Upstate NY didn't need this kind of press.

Trieste