Monday, March 8, 2010

Daily Report: Mondaneday

Back to work.

Nietsche said humor is just schadenfreude with a clear conscience. Watching my old account spin further and further out of control after having been removed from it for no good reason is thus the most humorous thing I've enjoyed in a while. I put in about 4½ hours of work today on my new account (barely an improvement from the old one, but far fewer stupid rules to trip you up or waste your time) before calling it a day.

The power went out at precisely 6:00 today. As usual, the generator was ready. I watched that Percy Jackson movie on DVD, which was pretty enjoyable and clever overall.

The pizza restaurant really isn't pulling in the people out of the dark like I thought it would. It's definitely a function of location and marketing. We need to hand out more flyers and get more people aware of the fact that we are here and open. Even though we are only 75 meters from the center square, I don't think that we are nearly as well-known as we could be. Well, I always knew that I would be the restaurant's single best customer, which was kind of the point of opening it, but still selling some more pizzas to people who don't work in or own the restaurant would be a marked improvement.

No comments: