Friday, March 26, 2010

Daily Report: Get Gas Here

Yet another slow day of work. Today, I was again distracted with the chicken farm: Reading about pest control methods, and ways to bulk up and enrich chicken feed.

In the evening, the power was out again. We sent Tatay to buy gasoline for the generator. He came back with a full gas can and all the money we had sent him with: Epril's cousin, Jun GontiƱas, was giving away free gas to everybody at his gas station. He's running for city council and I guess this is part of his plan for getting votes.

For me, it was a mushroom and bacon pizza for dinner (I've cut down to one pizza every 2 days) and beer. I'm putting a little weight back on I think... although I haven't weighed myself in over 2 years. I held steady at about 220 pounds in Thailand, but if I were to guess, I think I'm right around 200 pounds now. (I'll bet when the chicken farm gets started, my weight is going to drop like a rock... just you watch.)

For TV tonight I watched first an episode on The History Channel about The Battle of Kadesh between Rameses of Egypt and Muwatalli of the Hittites (as discussed/narrated by various professors of military strategy — a fascinating field of science, and much more complicated than you could ever imagine). Then an episode on National Geographic about the wildlife of the Pyrenees Mountains, with local efforts to preserve the salamanders, bears, and vultures living there. Then, at 9:00, on HBO, I watched the movie "Hancock", which was a bit below average.

No comments: