Sunday, January 10, 2010

Daily Report: Powerless

I was up today at 6 a.m. (and quite proud of myself based on this fact). I was up in my office at 6:30 with every intention of getting to work and closing out my work week with a stellar day.

At 6:40 a.m. the electricity went out. The entire village was to be without power for the entire day while work on the system was undertaken.

Of course, somehow some people were aware of this... like folks at city hall. But, for the rest of us, this was just an unpleasant surprise. That is really something that the municipality needs to work on.

Anyway, I spent a good portion of the day walking Tyson and playing with Tyson. I took him to the big parade ground and let him run around. There, he did the most amusing thing: He found this piece of coconut bark on the ground, picked it up and was running around with it in his mouth. Then, he flipped the piece of wood up in the air, leaped, and caught it... and then did it again. He was playing catch with himself. Unfortunately, I didn't have my video camera out, and he didn't do it again.

In the afternoon, I watched mamma do some cooking (see post above), took a nap, and did a bit of electrical work (set up the electrical timer I bought with its standard plug to work with the funky abnormal air conditioner electrical plug).

The electricity was supposed to come back on at 6 p.m. but it didn't come back on until 7 p.m. Fortunately, we bought a bag of 100 tea candles (300 pisos at Makro) and scattered those around for light.

After the power came back on, we watched an episode of Dr. Who, had some humba, and then went to bed.

No comments: