Monday, December 14, 2009

A Video For My Father

Okay, I'll file this under the Best-Plus-Worst idea category. Somebody is actually going to make a movie where modern owners of World War 2 planes (fighters and bombers alike, apparently) get together and try to blow each other out of the sky in some underground (get it? underground) aerial Fight Club.

Consider it the sky-based equivalent of a demolition derby with Lamborghinis versus Ferraris, or using your Stradavarius as a cricket bat: It's stupid to watch, stupid to contemplate, and only stupid people would consider doing such a thing... but you sure as shit wouldn't not watch.

So, without further ado, I dedicate this unseriousness to the biggest World War 2 plane buff I know, my father. (And no, I don't know why there are soldiers and tanks fighting in the underground aerial fight club either. Maybe to act as an agonist to Teh Stoopid up in the sky.)



I'm still not convinced this isn't a joke.

(And, p.s., I would imagine that using World War II replica planes in a paintball-like dogfight would be cool, reasonable, and perhaps even legal and possible.)

No comments: