Monday, December 14, 2009

Daily Report: Bite The Ear That Hears You

I had a fair day of work today. Mike Bird's restaurant had its grand opening today. It is located out on the highway across from the Petron Station just before you arrive in Jasaan. For lunch, I had two porkburgers (25 pisos (55 cents) for two cheeseburgers... what a deal) brought to the house. Mike needs to spice those up a little bit though. For dinner, Epril and I walked down to Tikay's Lechon Manok Restaurant itself with Tyson and bought a whole rotisserie chicken for about $3.50. This is the same price that all the other places in town are selling it for, but Mike's is a substantially larger chicken... I would say at least 50% larger. Also, very tasty chicken as well!

While at the restaurant, my poor dog Tyson suddenly got his rear right paw caught between the bamboo floor boards and started yelping in terrible pain. I tried to pull his paw loose, but it wouldn't come out. Tyson was thrashing about, making it difficult to help him. I tried to hold him down and pull on his paw but that didn't help. Finally, after about 15 seconds of agony (for both of us... my poor heart), Tyson managed to free himself. In his thrashing around, Tyson's tooth hit my earlobe and cut it, leaving me bleeding.

When I named Tyson back when he was a puppy, I joked, "He's big, he's black, and he chews people's ears off. That's why he's named Tyson... after Mike Tyson." At the time I said that, the only thing that was true was that he was black. Then he got big. Now, he has claimed his first ear. Way cool... and ouch.

No comments: