Thursday, June 4, 2009

Daily Report: Goodbye June

Mike Bird purchased the Playstation 3 game "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" for me while he was in America. It's exactly the kind of game I like best: Fantasy-style role playing, where you have an entire world to roam at your leisure, and any number of quests to be given, any number of skills to work on, and any number of paths to follow. My inner 12-year-old geek is going wild.

I put in 6 hours playing it on Wednesday night, and another 6 hours tonight.

No, I'm not interested in online multiplayer games like World of Warcraft. Playing MMORPG games like World of Warcraft is like going into the world's largest men's room: Everyone is there to do the same thing and ignore each other while they do it and try to convince themselves that they are the first people to have done it in any particular place. I like being alone, going at my own pace, with everything in the world waiting patiently to be discovered by me.

Anyway, I'll probably rein in to a couple of hours per day within a week or so: The Harem is going nuts with my commandeering of the living room each night.

2 comments:

Issarat said...

Elder Scrolls is a fun game. Have you seen Terminater 4 yet?

Jil Wrinkle said...

No... we are hoping to see it either this weekend or maybe this week.