Monday, April 20, 2009

Rambling

I admit that I spent $120 on 2 seasons' worth of Blu Ray discs for the television show Heroes. Not the best use of my money, I'll admit. However, I just can't wait to shell out $250 ($100 off the suggested retail price) for the entire Battlestar Galactica series! Okay... not really. It's an interesting thing though: We'll shell out $10 or $15 for a 2-hour movie without blinking ($7 per hour), but the opportunity to buy 80 one-hour episodes for $250 ($3 per hour), we couldn't imagine doing something that dumb.

In other "ways to waste money" news, the infamous Joe The Plumber has become Joe Plumb Crazy: If you pay $1, you can vote on whether or not to abolish the IRS. (T-shirt available while supplies last.) For some reason I can't quite explain, I suspect that more people will be stupid enough to "vote" than buy the Battlestar Galactica series.

2 comments:

Kris Wong said...

Hell yea, Battlestar Galactica on Blue Ray on a 50.000 inch wide screen like the one in your living room, and dolby surround sound... definately worth the money !!!

Issarat said...

Jil,
I told you that you would like Heros!
Now, for another tv series suggestion: ENTOURAGE
It is a series on HBO (but all 4 seasons are on dvd now for 50 pesos/disk). Start with season one and be prepared to sit in front of the TV for countless hours, let me know how you like it.