Monday, April 20, 2009

More Bombs

Illigan, the next large town / small city you come to as you move west along the coast of Mindanao from Cagayan De Oro had two bombs go off there last night. I've heard more than a couple of foreigners ponder or espouse the benefits of living in Illigan. Not me, thank you.

That reminds me: I've often wondered why Cagayan De Oro has never seen any terrorist attacks. Now I have my answer, given to me in hushed voices behind cupped hands by a couple of people who claim to know. I'll beat around the bush: The Mayor of Cagayan De Oro is purported to possess special magical powers that keep the terrorists away from his city.

1 comment:

Tom N said...

It's nice to have special magical powers. It behooves people who live on Mindanao to live in places where mayors have such abilities. :)