Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daily Report: Got My House In Ordure

I'm still a bit sick — at least in my bottom half — with every-30-minute trips to the bathroom. That's bad enough, but of all the days that it could happen, the housing development decided to shut off everyone's water to do work on the pipes. I used up my 3 bathrooms' 3 flushes very early on. Since then... well, let's not discuss that**.

Epril is in Jasaan working on the house. The appliances from yesterday were delivered, and the plumber, electrician, and furniture maker were all there today doing a little work. I'm not paying for the electrical work or plumbing work that needs to be done. My landlord decided to take my own sprucing up of his house (which I'm paying for in exchange for reduced rent) as an opportunity to do some needed repairs.

I bought a pizza today. Since I'm home alone, and I've got a bug, I'm not keen on eating much. I know that a pizza sounds contraindicated in that circumstance, but it's good because I can eat one slice every 5 or 6 hours over a period of a couple of days... no preparation, dirtying dishes, or anything like that.

I climbed into bed at around 7:00 and ate pumpkin seeds and watched TV until 10. Mostly American Chopper. I'm starting to wonder why I like that show.

** (Actually, I finally gave up and used the 10-liter jug of bottled water to flush. It's a moderately expensive alternative at about 50 cents per flush... but a thousand times better than option B.)

3 comments:

Issarat said...

It sounds like your house is coming along fine; can I assume that photos are forthcoming?

You may want to consider option C; buy some diesel fuel and a small steel bucket and use it Vietnam style...

Anonymous said...

Jill, try to drink lots of water and take some anti-diarrheal medicine. Loperamide hydrochloride tablets 2 mg is what I travel with. You can get these in any pharmacy. A traveler's best friend if you know what i mean. Drink plenty of water to stay hydrate.

Steve Loeding said...

I'd like to see photos as well. Sorry you feel like shit (yes - pun intended) and hope you feel better soon. Unfortunately, you may have this for a week or two, as many people I know have come down with the same exact thing.

And yes, the 50 cents / flush is better than leaving it sit there in all it's glory