Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daily Report: House Warming Party

Another uneventful day(time). We went to Yureka again for lunch. I haven't weighed myself, but I think that the combination of drinking nothing but diet root beer (I don't know why, but it is the best-tasting diet soda) and eating more low fat lunches (Japanese and the Turkish restaurant, plus home-cooked stuff as well) has taken some inches off around the middle. Not a bunch... but then I'm not even trying.

In the evening, it was out to Xavier Estates, where Dave and Rose Ferrell invited us to their newly-finished chateau overlooking the valley. (Epril and I completely forgot to snap any photos, even though we had the camera with us... but see here for pictures of when the place was under construction.)

A bunch of our friends were there as well: Ron and Eve, Andy and Cynthia, Harry and Bebs... plus several nice and interesting folks I had seen around before but never gotten to know.

There was a massive pile of food, and Dave made pitcher after pitcher of sangria. After dinner, the girls went to the lounge and sang karaoke, while the guys went out on the balcony overlooking the valley and talked politics and business. We all had a fantastic time. (Thanks Dave and Rose!)

No comments: