Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Daily Report: All Hoping For Brighter Times

I've started adjusting my work total to reflect the fact that the speech recognition work is worth only two-thirds what the regular work is worth. There was a bit of a "settling in" phase where this wasn't the case... and the S.R. work was worth the same as all the other work. That is no longer the case, and I've had to adjust my work totals to reflect that.

I worked 6 hours straight and did an amount that used to take me only 3 hours to do. Add to that the fact that I am no longer getting paid overtime, and I'm now making only one third what I used to for the same amount of work.



The main event of the Katubigan Festival:
Taking Mary (and Jesus on the boat
behind) out for a ride around the harbor.
If Mary sees her shadow while she is out
there it means 6 more weeks until fishing
season starts... just kidding.
Epril got home in the late afternoon from holy boating. After that, we went out to dinner at Big Rocks Diner. (Rob wasn't there, which was the secondary reason for going. Too bad... I'll catch him next time.) The food there is really good. I had the "Arabian Sausage", which was a spicy sausage with sour cream and vegetables on a toasted bun. The one that really got me was the 1-liter glass of iced tea for 25 pisos... 50 cents. Oh that's nice.

My bike was finally returned to me at 9:00 tonight from Jun and his friends at the shop. They apparently had a hellacious time with my bike's wiring (that's Motorstar for you... hardly a surprise), leading to an extra 30 hours of work. The H.I.D. lights are fantastic. They light up the world. Unfortunately, I'm going to need a new and bigger battery for my motorcycle to power them. The battery being used currently is too weak, and the lights flicker from low amperage. Next paycheck, I'm going to put a rear disc brake on the bike to replace the godawful, useless rear drum brake.

No comments: