Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Daily Report: Good Eats

Susan came by the house today, and taught Epril how to cook beef with snow peas, with a nice sauce made from soy sauce, beef bullion, and corn starch. Awesome. Along with the sweet and sour chicken, that is now 2 dishes that Epril can cook. Another 12 dishes, and we'll have lunch and dinner for a week covered, and we won't need to eat out anymore.

Work was once again a bit of a letdown. I have to wrap my mind around the new realities of my job, which I haven't done yet. It's not easy sitting down to do something that used to pay you X and now pays you X/3. I think my low work output is more motivational than anything.

For dinner, Epril and I went out to SM Mall to Bigbys. I had their canneloni as per usual ($4.50) and the soup of the day ($1.50). The leggy maitresse d' there managed to sell Epril and I on a huge block of cinnamon rolls for $4, which we took home with us. As per usual, the diet starts tomorrow.

One of the H.I.D. headlights that I had installed on my Motorstar went out after driving it for 5 minutes. Also, the turn signals no longer blink. Oh well. First rule of customizing vehicles: If you can't deal with the fact that the aftermarket stuff may and will malfunction, don't start messing around in the first place. I'll take it back to the shop on Monday. I need to put a bigger battery in the bike anyway.

No comments: