Thursday, November 27, 2008

Daily Report: Thanksgiving With Family

Epril woke me up in her usual way: Tickling me and poking my face and playing annoying music (which has now been changed to The Chipmunks singing "Funkytown"). I worked through the morning.

For lunch, it was back out to Yureka Japanese restaurant again. This time I had California rolls, which weren't as gook as the sukizaki. Epril had the noodles again, and we shared some soup.

After that, we rode out to Jasaan for Thanksgiving. (I timed it this time at 58 minutes, door to door.) Aside from a couple of Thanksgiving signs around, The Philippines doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, but everybody knows what it is. We didn't do anything particularly special for the day. We just had chicken and rice, and sat around on the lane playing with babies.

Mike Bird (Epril's cousin Emelyn's husband from America, who lives around the corner to Epril's family) has purchased a small wood-fired pizza oven, and is going to set up a little pizza stand in Jasaan. ("Let's see what happens, if it doesn't work, I'll eat the pizzas myself" kind of thing.) I recommended he make little breakfast-muffin-sized pizzas for 10 pisos, rather than frisbee-sized pizzas for 80 pisos. He thought that was a good idea.

Epril and I headed back home at about 8:00.

No comments: