Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That Other Song About A Night In Bangkok

I don't know how many of you have ever heard The Refreshments sing "Mekong", but if it doesn't make you miss Thailand, nothing will.



Well I came all the way from Taipei today.
Now Bangkok's pouring rain,
And I haven't seen my girl in 15,000 miles.
Well is it true it's always happy hour here?
And if it is, I'd like to stay a while.
Well as cliche as it may sound,
I'd like to raise another round.
And if your bottle's empty,
Help yourself to mine.
Thank you for your time.
And here's to life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi jil, sorry i did not make it to cdo. the girl i meet in manila was scared to come there and her family was also scared for her to come there. i started to dump her for a few days and come on my own, but i could not bring myself to be that mean to her. she seems to be a good girl. maybe next time. glad for you on your wedding, you look very happy.take care.

Issarat said...

Congrats on your wedding Jil..(nice song by the way).

Jil Wrinkle said...

G, Issarat,

Sorry you couldn't make it in person. Wish you could have been here at any point in time.