Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Article, Great Predictions

A good editorial from the New York Times which says basically the same thing about ACORN that I said here, only 5 days later. (p.s. New York Times: I love that new highlight-and-click-to-see-the-definition-of-a-word feature you've put up. That's just made entirely of win.)

Also, since I'm having fun looking up my past predictions to see how they turned out, here's another bit of brilliance from three years ago when my blog was only a teeny little baby blog at 2 weeks old. (And it's also my first effort at teasing a clueless commenter (yes, I even had them back then). It was certainly a little over-zealous on my part though: Six consecutive comments by me to reply to one? Doh. Just a little perfervidity on my part perhaps?.)
Well now, as things stand [without Kerry as President], there is nobody to blame but Republicans, and boy is there going to be hell to pay in the 2006 elections... probably enough to flip the congress to the Democrats... and I would almost guarantee that in 2008, Democrats (or demoncrats, as the right-wingers like to call them) will be in charge of both houses of congress plus the White House.
Anyway, read the rest of the post, as it is equally filled with some pretty stunning presentement on my part.

1 comment:

Chief said...

Finally - an article that cuts through all the partisan bullshit and tells us what really went wrong with Wall Street:


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/14/AR2008101403343_pf.html