Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Daily Report: Of Work And Planning

I'm still much to busy to write regularly in my blog.

I'll break the news now that about two-thirds of you already knew: Epril and I are getting married on September 27th... the 1-year anniversary of our first meeting in person. It's going to be quite a party actually. My family is flying in from America, and my friends from Thailand are coming over too. Of course, the new friends that I've made in Cagayan De Oro since moving here will be attending as well.

There is a bachelor party at Spooks on Thursday, September 25 that anybody can come to. There will be a bar-be-que at Twin Hearts pool resort for 100 people on Friday. On Saturday, the wedding is going to be held in Epril's village, with about 150 guests. I've hired all of the celebrity disc jockeys from Mindinao's most popular radio station to come to the park in the center of the barangay of Kimaya to put on a 5-hour party for the town. I'm expecting about 2,000 people for that... maybe more, maybe less. On Sunday, we have a family day out in the jungle at a spectacular water fall / swimming area.

The day after that, my parents, Epril's parents, and Epril and I are flying up to Manila to spend a day touring around the city, and then we are taking a day trip to Corregidor.

Anyway, I've been sitting at my desk from sunup to sundown working, trying to earn enough money to pay for everything that we've got planned. (Anybody know a good fireworks company in Cagayan De Oro?) Epril is of course going nuts... happy and excited and nervous and upset all at the same time. I'm pretty much just the money man now: I set up the general schedule and all of the events; Epril is working out the details.

OK. That's it. Time to get back to work. I'll be back to posting more regularly after the wedding.

6 comments:

TheMindFantastic said...

Wow congratulations! Wish you well in many years to come with her.

mike said...

Hi Jil, been vising regularly to see if more postings. Good to hear everything going to plan. Still not sure if we can make it but we will celebrate for you here on the day if we cannot. Willie just gone back and Gene arriving in about a week so at least on the day there will be Rick, Gene, Jan, and myself together with the girls to celebrate. Catch up with you later. Mike (& Riza)

charish said...

Wow, What wonderful news. Thought you'd be a single guy for ever. LOL Unfortunately I can not come but you both will be in my thoughts. Are you registered anywhere online.
Good luck. Now work hard because If her planning is anything like mine was you'll need all the money you can get. LOL I want to see lots and lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think this girl must be desperate. What does she do all day? Seems like the mentality of a 5 year old. Good for Jil though. You can imagine her cringe when Jil undresses.

-Harris

Cookie said...

Well I have been reading your Blog for a while now and just wanted to say I really enjoy it.

Hope you and Epril have a really special day!

Kind regards

Cookie

p.s. hurry up though and start blogging again (please?)

bigbugger said...

wow ive been following your blog and story for 2 years and have been so interested that i went back and ready all your posts. I feel like ive been on the road all along. From all the turbulent times over the years happy to see you happy. keep on keepin on. Best wishes to you both!!!!!!
Anon.