Friday, June 20, 2008

Look At What I Found Mom

Bet you thought you'd never have to listen to this again:



Yes... for the rest of you: When I was young, I used to be quite the pianist. I learned this piece when I was 15 or so. (Practiced it constantly, every day, for a year.) Alas, it's hard to keep up one's piano skills when there is no piano close at hand. I doubt I remember a single key of anything I used to play... although I'm sure with a year's work, I could get a lot of it back.

In case you're wondering why I never became a professional pianist, it was because I learned music too slowly, had a very small repertoire, my sight reading was terrible, I had no improvisational or musical formulation skills, and my musical interests were too narrow (only fast and loud, thank you). However, certain pieces like this one I played as well as anybody.

(Thanks to C&L for putting this video up.)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ah yes, I remember it well. Get yourself a digital piano - they don't have to be tuned...the humidity does a thing to piano's strings. They don't cost as much as a regular piano. With your daily typing, your skill level will be up there.
Mom