Monday, May 26, 2008

Daily Reports: Get Over It

Still not much going on. Mike and Marissa Turner had their baby's Christening last Sunday at church, and a party afterwards. That's the only time I've been out of the house other than grocery shopping.


This fellow, Christian Bautista, was
singing at SM Mall the other day. Due
to the quasi-orgasmic teeny-bopper
screaming that was nearly drowning
out his music, I have to assume that
he is pretty popular in The Philippines.
Turns out what was wrong with my bladder was just a bacterial infection. At first, I thought it might be a kidney stone, because of the location of the discomfort and the fact that it showed up after a course of amoxicillin that I took for a bit of food poisoning... but it was most certainly just C.diff. caused by the amoxicillin. ("Whiff of the diff" confirmed that. Look it up, if you want to know.)


The "Time To Burn Stuff Hour"
went a little over the top the
other day with this massive fire.
Well, the local landfill was
spared a few dozen cubic meters
of debris, so I suppose all that
smoke was worth it somehow.
I bought a wireless router for the house last weekend for $60. Now, Epril can use her Nokia's WiFi internet connection anywhere in the house, which makes her very happy. I was amazed at how easy it was to set up the router this time around. The first time in my life that I configured a modem/router, it was quite difficult. The second time, it was pretty easy. This time, I just put a disc in the drive, and a program loaded and configured everything automatically. I just plugged in some cables and power cords, and pushed the "OK" button on screen a dozen times.

I made nachos for lunch yesterday. I had to substitute for jalapeƱo peppers, but they were still delicious. Even Epril... who dislikes most every dish I cook... enjoyed them. The red peppers are now getting back at me for having eaten them. Fortunately, I've discovered Kremil, an antacid that tastes like Bazooka bubble gum.

2 comments:

Steve Loeding said...

I know your home life is bliss but aren't you really bored in the Philippines ? You never go out any more !!! Argghhh - what a life !!! I used to read your Pattaya blog and you had a lot of innocent fun back then. Honestly, if it wasn't for your honey, would you move back to Thailand ?

Jil Wrinkle said...

If it wasn't for my MONEY, I would move back to Thailand.

Truth is, I'm enjoying some peace and quiet for a change, and being able to zip out to the village for a bit of jungle time is nice too. I enjoy being close to Epril's family, and as I said in an earlier post, I actually do enjoy my home life (which as has always been the case, represents about 90% of my life) here better.

If I had crazy money, I'd certainly live in Pattaya over Cagayan. (I'd just bring Epril's family along too.) But I don't... unless one of my wealthy readers wishes to be patron to a new iteration of "Jil In Pattaya" blog. (Oh... I promise it would be worth a million bucks. Really I do.)