Saturday, May 31, 2008

Daily Report: Another Movie

I took the girls out to see "Iron Man" last night. Excellent movie if I do say so.

My landlord... or the fairer half of my husband and wife landlord team... Annie, from Chicago, is in the country now, down in Davao, and will be here in Cagayan De Oro on Monday, bringing with her my new Playstation 3, several games, and a dozen Blue Ray movies. (If there was a place to register landlords for a Greatness Award, oh... you know I would.)


Evening falls over the Cagayan River
as seen from the balcony of my house.
(I find it hard to believe that the Sony Playstation 3 isn't the best-selling gaming console already. First off, you get a Blue Ray DVD player as part of the deal. (Why buy a standalone $500 Blue Ray player instead of $400 PS3 for that matter?) Add to that just two more things, Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy — two of the best video games ever, which you can't get on any other console — and I can't see why you'd go with XBox or Wii instead.)

Sunday I'll be out in Jasaan again for Emelyn's birthday party. (She's the girl who is marrying Michael Bird in July.)

6 comments:

Steve Loeding said...

Stunning picture - beautiful.

Din and Anne said...

thanks for the great review of your landlord hehehe. We really appreciate for taking good care of the house. Thanks for the pictures, we truly enjoy them! Annie will see you in 8 hrs with your toys hehehe

Tom Nixon said...

Is it not possible to buy a Playstation 3 in the Philippines or is it just much cheaper?

Jil Wrinkle said...

I'm glad everyone likes the pictures. It's amazing that I can stand on my balcony and shoot photo after photo, and they never get boring or repititious.

Tom: You can buy a Playstation 3 here, but only within the last few weeks or so, and they are slightly over priced and they don't have any games for sale yet.

Issarat said...

can you get copy games for PS3, if so; how much?

Jil Wrinkle said...

No, you cannot get copy games for PS3 because they are on BluRay discs,and I don't think that those are being copied yet. Regardless, only 1 or 2 PS3 titles are for sale in The Philippines.