Friday, April 4, 2008

Daily Report: Routine Process Of Fun

I didn't have a particularly good day of work for the second day in a row. I got a bit of a late start to work, and then quit a bit early for lunch. Susan tried another recipe out of the cookbooks that we bought, a chicken casserole in a herb and pepper tomato sauce, which I didn't like very much: Too many vegetables that I didn't care for (zucchini and peppers). It's okay though: I appreciate the attempt first and foremost, and really don't care much about taste of the food as long as it is generally edible... which this was.


Inday dressed up for her
school dance routine.
After lunch, Epril and I rode down into town (and Susan took a jeepney) to meet up with Epril's mother and her younger sister, Inday. They had come to the Don Gregorio Pelaez Sports Complex in the center of town for a state-wide field day with about 30 or 40 schools participating. Inday and her school class were going to be participating in a pep rally / cheer leading / dance routine.


The annual Northern Mindanao Regional
Field Day at The Don Gregorio Pelaez
Sports Complex in Cagayan De Oro.

Jasaan National High School's dance
routine. (I wasn't there, but was
assured that they weren't dancing to
"Thriller".)
Epril had originally just told me, "We're going to see Inday dance with her school," and I thought it would be 10 or 12 girls doing some number, and perhaps a few other troupes as well... for some educational function of some sort. Instead, it was (yet another) class of 375 students all dressed in matching uniforms, doing dance numbers in a competition against several other massive groups of kids. There was also a basketball tournament and volleyball tournament that I could immediately see. (I didn't wander.) Most importantly, instead of one hour of my afternoon dedicated to supporting Inday at some little school rally, I was told that I could be facing the loss of half a day of work waiting for this all to end.

Thus, I left my camera with Epril and went home by myself to get back to work.

I did another 2 hours of work in the afternoon, and then went out with Epril to Spooks for their weekly expatriate get together at about 6:00. I met up with Montana Mike and a new friend, Bundaberg John from Australia, a former dart champion. Mike Turner was also there with his wife Marissa.

After a couple of hours at Spooks (just before the nekkid girls were going to get up on stage, of course) I headed over to Racks with Epril and met up with my new friend Oscar to shoot some pool. Susan came down from the house and she and Epril went out to the weekly "night café" in the Divisoria (the plaza at the center of town).

Oscar and I shot pool for about 2 hours, and then Epril and I went home... but not without a stop at McDonald's first.

3 comments:

TheMindFantastic said...

I hope work won't be coming down on your less than stellar performance, I know you have always tended to excel well above average at your jobs, but when your consistent like that and then not, people start to question even if they really should let you have the slack.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Well, you are confusing MY definition of a not-so-good day of work, and my company's definition.

Yesterday, I did 1,360 lines of work. On a team of 80 transcriptionists, that is about 3rd or 4th from the top... perhaps 5th or 6th.

TheMindFantastic said...

Ahh yes, thats more like the Jil I know ;) A bad day you get in the top 5, a good day you have the top spot.