Thursday, April 3, 2008

Daily Report #1799


A street in the development where I
live, Camella Homes. It's not nearly as
nice as the housing estates in Pattaya,
but that is because there is no market
for 6, 10, or 20-million piso homes here.
Land prices in a place like this are high
also, at 3,500 to 5,000 pisos per square
meter (about $8.75 to $12.50 per square
foot), which I think is too much for the
quality of the developments here.
I didn't accomplish a whole lot today. Epril and I had entertained the notion of running out to Jasaan to go swimming in the jungle pool resorts they have out there, but almost as if on cue, the rain started drizzling, and the temperature dropped, and all thoughts of sunshine and splashing around in refreshing mountain water disappeared.

I had a bit of fried chicken for lunch, an afternoon nap, and some pork adobo for dinner. A bit of "24" on the TV, and then off to bed.

No comments: