Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Daily Report: Lights In The Sky

I've had 4 bad days of work in a row, which sucks. I slept in, surfed the internet when I should have been working, and even took a nap.

Epril, Susan, and Ednil went out to the Mastery Skills Institute to try to find a culinary program for Endil to take. Unfortunately, while they did have one, it was only a 1-week program in cooking Filipino food, not a proper culinary vocational program like we were hoping for. I wouldn't mind sending Ednil up to a proper 1-year culinary arts program in Manila (she can stay with relatives) if her mother will let her go. The cost is $2,500 for the year or so, and all the chef instructors seem to be European.


Rainbow at sunset.
We had leftovers for dinner tonight. I watched an interesting Discovery Channel program on China's manned space program. The girls watched "Pinoy Big Brother" on the television upstairs, and clucked and chuckled the evening away.

After climbing into bed tonight, Epril and I noticed a little blinking light: The Philippines has fireflies. I haven't seen a firefly in decades.

No comments: