Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Daily Report: Turkish Lunch

I had a fine morning of work. It looks like I may have turned the corner on my production levels since moving to The Philippines. It was a combination of being stuck in nothing but difficult accounts, and being distracted by all the new things going on in my life that went with this move. Now that I'm settled in, and working with easier hospitals, my work output is much better.


Cows grazing next to the river.
For lunch, Epril and I went to the Turkish restaurant in SM mall. I was going to do a full restaurant review, but forgot to take decent notes or photos... so I'll give a quick rundown here: The food was okay, although the sauces were just warmed-over salad dressings. I had a yogurt-cucumber soup that was great. Epril had beef kebab in a tomato and pepper sauce that was really quite good. The prices were outstanding, with most of the "big ticket" items on the menu between 120 and 160 pesos ($3 and $4).

After lunch, Epril and I went to the book store and bought a series of 5 small cookbooks (chicken dishes, family dishes, low-fat dishes, stir-fry, and meat dishes) for 99 pesos each.

In the evening, Epril and I watched more "Heroes".

4 comments:

Issarat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Issarat said...

I knew your would like HEROS; did you get a chance to check and see if you can obtain THE WIRE?
You will like it.

Anonymous said...

christ you are so boring and pompuss, i knew you in thailand when you throwe 10000,s at that thai tart from the dungeon, that used to jerk joe off in tq2 when you wernt looking!a fool and his money are so easiy parted, where is your next burrow going to be ? freak.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Anon: "pompuss" "throwe" "wernt" "easiy". There is only one conclusion to make from this post: If you aren't intelligent enough to spell correctly, then you aren't intelligent enough to have a job that pays well enough to afford a plane ticket to Thailand. Hence, you have never been to TQ2 or any dungeons in Thailand. Thus, you are obviously just fantasizing and jealous about what rich people like me get to do with my life and money.

And yes, I'm "pompuss". Spelling ability and making fun of unintelligent readers like yourself bring that out in me. Now turn off the internet and go back to ironing your McDonald's uniform, before your mother starts bitching about you living in her basement.