Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Daily Report: Cooking Sessions

Had a great day of work. I lost the University of Texas from the list of hospitals I transcribe for due to too many mistakes in my work. Since (a) I got a "high quality" award from my company last year due to the fact that I (otherwise) almost never make mistakes, and (b) I hated doing the work from the two UT hospitals with a flaming hot passion and never wanted them in the first place, I'm an extra little bit happy today.

Susan cooked another one of those 59-peso pizzas for lunch today. Jeez, I shouldn't have bought 5 of those things, because now I have 3 of them left to choke down. I might just throw the rest of them out.

In the afternoon, Maid Susan and Epril went to the market to do some shopping. I'm using the cookbooks I bought yesterday as a menu, and then Susan and Epril go and find the ingredients to make the things I pick out.

Tonight, we had Spanish rice and baked fish with lemon and coriander. Susan started a fire by putting the grill for the fish (with wax paper on it) over the open flame of the stove instead of in the oven. No worries though: It was just a burning piece of paper that went out in a few seconds.

The rice was really good, but needed a bit more spicing. The fish was overcooked by a significant amount and most importantly, for future reference, all of the recipes in the cookbooks need to be at least doubled to feed 3 hungry people.


This guy built himself a little shelter
for the day to sit under while he did
his fishing.
We're all caught up on watching Heroes, and are now moving on to Season One of 24.

Heh: I haven't been out of the house (other than for shopping or a quick lunch) in almost a week. I'm going to have to force myself to go out just to have something to put in this blog other than what I'm eating or watching on TV. Well, this weekend is Ednil's high school graduation... so strap yourselves in for some upcoming true excitement here at Jungle Jil.

No comments: