Sunday, March 30, 2008

Daily Report: Slept All Day, Didn't Party All Night

I was up at 7:00 a.m., only to discover that I had a massive splitting headache. I don't know what they put in San Miguel Light, but nobody drinks 5 or 6 bottles of beer over the course of an evening and wakes up with a hangover like this. Well, pretty much every person with any drinking experience has at least one beverage to which they say, "No, I don't drink that... Just a couple of drinks and I wake up with such a headache."

I climbed back into bed, and spent the rest of the morning relaxing. Then in the afternoon, Epril and I started watching Season 1 of "24". She hasn't seen it before, and I don't mind watching it again. Susan, Ednil, and Inday arrived in the afternoon as well. We're having the family over again on Monday for Epril's father's birthday party.


Epril, her little sister Dimple,
and her niece, Doreen.
In the evening, it was off to Robinson's shopping center to buy a temporary temporary licence plate for my motorcycle. (I expect the proper temporary licence plate to be on my motorcycle in the next 2 weeks.) The licensing process in The Philippines is so convoluted and time-consuming that about half the vehicles on the road have temporary licence plates on them.

From there, we went to my friend Tom's apartment. He lives out on the far edge of town on the road to Jasaan in a low row of newly-finished apartments. It's a nice place that isn't too expensive. (Right behind Tom's apartment was a mansion renting for 30,000 pesos per month. Nice place, but no pool, and I'm not keen on the location.)


The road leading into the village
of Jasaan.
After hanging out at Tom's for a little while, Epril and I went with Tom and his girlfriend Marlyn to Sentro. (It's a good indicator of the restaurant selection here in Cagayan when you go two nights in a row to the same place; it is also a good indicator of how good that restaurant is.) We got to try the bacon-mushroon pasta for 120 pesos, there was a chicken in pomodoro sauce for 150 pesos, and the Cesar salad for 90 pesos. The girls had a deep fried pork belly for 170 pesos that I took a pass on: It was 90% fat.

After that, it was home to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

does Epril has a friendster???