Saturday, March 29, 2008

Daily Report: Slept All Day, Partied All Night

I was up at 5:00 this morning, hoping to get a really good day of work in to make up for yesterday's half day of work. Well, I managed to get up, and even did a bit of blogging and drank my coffee, but I was so tired after about an hour that I just went back to bed, and slept for another 6 hours. (I really hate that aspect of myself: The fact that I need so much sleep. I want to be one of those people that sleeps only 5 or 6 hours per night and feels great afterwards.)

Anyway, I got out of bed at about noontime and got to work. I had a fair day overall, considering that my entire morning of work was missing. Susan spends her weekends in Jassan with her daughter, Doreen, so Epril and I had the house to ourselves. Epril spent the day doing some laundry and cleaning, and watched television.


Sentro 1850 Restaurant in Cagayan De
Oro has good food, but great prices.
Tonight, we met up with Mike and Marissa Turner at a restaurant in the center of town called Sentro. It was absolutely fantastic: The decor was nice, the food was definitely a cut above average (although not stupendous), but the prices were so so cheap: We started off with appetizers of glazed calamari for 89 pesos ($2.25) and spinach mozzarella dip for 80 pesos ($2.00). I had linguine with scallops and mushrooms for 120 pesos ($3.00), and Mike and Epril had baby back ribs for 180 pesos ($4.50). Dinner for 4 people, including drinks, was 1200 pesos ($30) with tip.


Pulse Nightclub in Cagayan and
the house band playing.
After dinner, Mike and I went across the street to Racks and shot pool for about 3 hours. Epril and Marissa walked over to the night market on the town plaza and then stopped by Club Mojo for a few beers. I met a Filipino fellow named Oscar at the pool hall who owns a trucking company here in town, and he's a fair pool player.

I'm having a good time getting my pool game back up to scratch. Like golf, I used to be a formidable pool player. I still have my two hand-crafted pool cues that I purchased about 10 years ago when I played 40 hours per week, which each cost more than my television. They've never left my side, although my game hardly deserves them anymore. Maybe soon though, if I keep practicing. I don't think I'll run into the same level of competition here in Cagayan that I ran into in the pool halls of Manhattan, but maybe I'll get a chance to play against Efren Reyes or one of the other Filipino billiard gods sometime.


Marissa and Epril.
After 3 hours of pool (and 5 or 6 San Miguel Lites), Epril and Marissa came back to join Mike and me, and we all went to Pulse — the nearby night club — for a couple of hours. Much like Pattaya, the band at Pulse was Filipino. Actually, the bands I have seen during the 3 times I have been at Pulse are always better than any Filipino band I ever saw in Pattaya.

After 2 hours, another San Miguel, and 2 vodka tonics, it was 2:00 a.m. and time to go home.

8 comments:

Issarat said...

Let's just say (hypotheticaly) I went to Pulse with you...would I be able to find enough girls to dance with me?
hmmmmm....

Jil Wrinkle said...

Heh. I was thinking about you the other day at Ednil's graduation: All of these girls in the crowd were giving me (chubby, old, hairy me) googley eyes and giggling and following me around. If you had been there all fit and handsome (compared to me, at least), there would have been a riot.

Unknown said...

Jil,
that's the club(Pulse) I told you about showdown dance on Sunday and Wed. at midnight. You will have more fun, at least I did hehehe

Din

Unknown said...

lol that issarat guy looks like mr bean with a personality to match

plus all the fillipina girls there are proper ugly



you guys have taken a large step down in global society in order feel what the guys like me feel in a milan or parisian night club

Jil Wrinkle said...

Yes sure Owen, all Filipina girls are ugly. Heh.

You can keep your cigarette-smoking hairy-armpit bad-skinned dyed-hair feminazi eurotrash to yourself. I and my millions of friends will stay at this "level of global society" and be quite happy here.

And from this rung on the ladder, we can look right up the skirts of the girls you are dancing with over there in Milan, and we can tell you, damn... those European chicks could learn a lot about feminine hygiene from the Asian chicks.

And when you go and buy your date her fifth $8 drink at that Paris night club in the hopes that you might get laid, just remember that with that money in Angeles City, you could already have paid your bill and back at your hotel in bed having more fun than you are on some dance floor.

Issarat said...

Only a moron would think the clubs in Milan are 'cool'; I have been there before and the fat assed girls coupled with the idiocy machoism of the type A males there=a lame time.

Mr. Bean? Yea, he is a funny dude, thanks for the compliment,"Owen".

Issarat said...

BTW, only half a fag would have a desire to have other guys "feel like he does".
I could give 2 shillings what you 'feel' when you go out OWEN, you coward.

Anonymous said...

i know marissa, she's on my friendster.. small world! love this blog--i'm a fan!!!