Saturday, August 21, 2010

Daily Report: Coup De Theatre

News from work: I decided to complain about my pending relegation to part-time status. The only problem is that I am a "Level 2" transcriptionist, and there are only part-time Level 2 positions open. I then pointed out to the powers-that-be that more than half of the work I had done in the past 6 years had been "Level 3" work, and my company should promote me and then look to see what overnight Level 3 positions were open.

Apparently that was a good idea. It isn't finalized yet, but I should be moving to another team soon (first time since I started working 8 years ago), to a new overnight, full time position.

Unfortunately, pay rates are being cut again. Even with the promotion, my pay will be going down by somewhere between 5% and 10%. But, since I'll still be working full time, and since my recently redoubled efforts at work have doubled my income, I'm not finding much to complain about now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is good news!
from Jakal

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to the dating site you were going to do? i miss seeing all the beautiful cdo ladies...

Jil Wrinkle said...

Anon,

I decided not to keep putting up posts of beauty queens looking for boyfriends (like here) because all of the girls I met were 17 or 18 years old, and were really too young to have their priorities straight.

WillyJ said...

you can't keep a good man down...
congrats.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks Willy,

As I pointed out to my company: Just on my team of 50 transcriptionists alone, I do 20% more work than the second-best person, and I do it 20% faster than the second-fastest person. Plus, I do it 6 days per week in the middle of the night when nobody else wants to work.

Mom said...

What fantastic news, Jil. As mentioned above - You can't keep a good man down.

Anonymous said...

Jil, good Blogging! I appreciate your humor too.

We met at Hearts Pools yesterday. I recalled your first name, but blanked on your last name, and found your blog with the help of Jasaan in the search.

Need you to contact me about transcription discussion. Email at redlichscott@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Jil Wrinkle said...

Thanks Scott... will do.