Friday, May 28, 2010

Daily Report: Little Girl's Birthday

Today, Steve Wallis stopped by my house to let me know that he was back in Jasaan finally after over 5 months at sea. It was his little daughter's 2nd birthday today, and he invited Epril and I out to the new Arje Pool Resort to join in the fun.

Birthday girl Maley takes cuteness to a whole new level.

I don't really care for the new place very much. They made a poor design decision by putting the drains for the pool on the other side of the walkway that goes through the area, so the water from the pool runs across it and it is always very wet. Then all the water from that gets tracked up onto the very smooth cement of the bungalows making their surface very slippery.

Most importantly, however, is the fact that there is no jungle anywhere near the place. When I go to a pool resort, I like to be surrounded by the greenery of nature. It's just me... but Arje Resort is more like my old cavernous high school swimming pool.

Anyway, all the local Jasaan expatriates were there: Steve, me, Ron, Dave, and Venrey from Jamaica.

We ate Steve's chile-con-carne, drank pepsi and beer, swam a bit, and had a great time.

No comments: