Saturday, January 2, 2010

Daily Report: Miscellaneous Thoughts, Rainbow

I don't dream about my wife... the love of my life... very much. I figured out it is because my mind can't reproduce her accent, and thus doesn't try and insert her into my dreams.

Of course, that bothered me. It's hard to say Epril is the "woman of my dreams" when she isn't. So, now my mind has started putting Epril into my dreams... but she doesn't talk. Heheh.

Tyson is right at the age where he is almost fully grown on the outside, but he is still a puppy on the inside. He is 40 kilos of constant excitement. I'm sure that everybody has stories about what their dog is like when he or she gets excited about going for a walk; see if mine compares: First, Tyson starts to squeal and then he opens and shuts his mouth with huge force, which sounds like somebody with mittens clapping their hands. Then, he runs around and crashes into things... really smacks his head. Then he jumps for joy... and with Tyson, that means getting a good 3 feet in the air. Of course, once he is on his leash and outside, he is all business with sniffing.

Work is going well lately. If it wasn't for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day last week, I would have had the best week in over a year. (In fact, even with 2 bad days notwithstanding, it still was almost the best week in over a year.)

I've got to get my taxes done now so that I can get my return. Not nearly as big as last year because I didn't make as much in 2009 as 2008. But, it will still be a welcome arrival.

A rainstorm at sunset created the perfect rainbow tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like your putting in the hard work, despite not getting a new computer. Maybe, they will kepp you...lol

Daryle

Jil Wrinkle said...

Well, I personally think they won't fire me: They can't easily replace me. (See my comment to Charish under the post "As Days Should Be" for details on my thinking.)

I just have to hope that my computer will hold out.

But yes... The combination of the new year, the unsatisfactory year prior, and the threat to my job has galvinized me a bit. I hope it holds.

Mom said...

Tyson reminds me of our (deceased) dog Cricket...when you asked her if she wanted to go for a ride in the car, she "turned inside out." and then when she jumped in, she calmly sat looking out the window.
Yes. Tyson is still a puppy. Just lots of pounds of fun. LOL.