Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daily Report: Wandering House To House

Today was the main day of Fiesta in Jasaan. Every house had food out, and people wandered from place to place (or into town from elsewhere) for the party. It was kind of like a really big Fourth of July party.

First, Epril and I dropped in on Ron and Marla Schreuder, who had about 20 people munching out at their buffet. Marla made my favorite peanut-sauce ribs and flan for dessert to entice me to stop by. Oh so nice.

Next, Epril and I walked up the road to visit with the Valledor family, who own the local iron works. They make iron fences and the like. Theirs is another family of 5 beautiful girls... much like Epril's family. I didn't have much to eat at that party, but their party was by far the biggest... with a live band playing. Below is Jacquiline (and her baby) and Juriel Valledor. Jacqueline is getting married to a fellow from Connecticut next February at a marriage here in Jasaan. Epril and I will be there.

After that, it was over to Steve's house. He is from England. He had cooked a very nice chili con carne for me to try. We were also joined by Ron and Hans (another local expatriate from Australia whom I had only met just yesterday at the Katubigan festival). I also met a fellow named Glen from Balingasag... the next town down the road.
Then, it was back to my house, where Ednil had a bunch of her friends from college over to party.

In the evening, it was out to the Eagles Christmas Party in Jasaan.

No comments: