Thursday, December 17, 2009

Daily Report: Varia

For those of you who live here, which do you think the number one song in the Philippines is this week? Bonnie Tyler, Total Eclipse of the Heart, or Richard Marx, Right Here Waiting For You? Anyone who offers up other possibilities doesn't know what they are talking about.

Tyson was the wimpiest dog in Jasaan. Remember the chihuahua? Even that little dog intimidated Tyson, who is now well past 20 kilos. One little growl from any dog and Tyson was a complete nebbish. Well, no more: One of the local mutts got past growling and pounced on Tyson while we were out for a walk. Tyson was a sissy for about 2 seconds and then got pissed off and turned the tables with some big time canine kung fu. The Doberman has landed.

By the way, Tyson has a dick shaped like a rocket. I assume that's abnormal, but I imagine the girl dogs will be intrigued.

I've gotten "Star Trek, The Next Generation, Season 1" on DVD and am working my way through that now. In episode 10, Wesley Crusher is supposed to age 10 years, and is replaced by an actor who this 6-foot-5 Adonis guy. Of course, 10 years... even 20 years after it was made, the actor Wil Wheaton, who played Wesley, looks almost exactly like he did when he was 13 years old.

Susan has a new boyfriend, Jans ("Yahns") from Holland. He is the cousin of my friend Rob Schreuder who lives here in Jasaan. They've been like bread and butter for the past few days. That leaves only Ednil at 17 up for grabs, for any of you single guys looking to marry a GontiƱas sister sometime soon. After that will be a 5-year wait for Crystal to ripen, and a 10-year wait for Dimple.

The pizza restaurant is going downhill slowly. I guess the novelty is wearing off. Oh well. We're going to try tacos next. Maybe we'll just start a rotating menu or something... keep people interested.

Or maybe we'll just start selling burgers: Mike Bird is selling enough burgers every day to sink a ship down at his restaurant.

There is an expatriates Christmas party next Tuesday at Spooks. Hope to see everybody there. I believe that tickets are 200 pisos per person.

I had a Whopper today from Burger King. Epril had a friend who was on her way back from Manila, and stopped at Burker King on her way to the airport and picked up some burgers. I also got a refill of Drambuie as well... but had to pay for that while the burgers were gratis.

There were very few carolers tonight. I think that my family read my post below and decided to do me the favor of chasing off the carolers before they got started. God bless them with lots of Christmas Karma.

2 comments:

TheMindFantastic said...

For some interesting commentary check out Wil Wheatons 'Memories of the Futurecast' which he covers kind of a tounge in cheek look at the first season of ST:TNG first 13 episodes, plus giving some interesting commentary of behind the scenes stuff. Its at times a real howl to listen to and also just interesting hearkening back to how bad some of those episodes were.

http://memoriesofthefuturecast.com

gelynch52 said...

How is it that I'm in Saudi & my wife asked me for music for her to download & out of the blue I ask for Bonnie Tyler & that Diamond Cut album?