Sunday, November 15, 2009

Daily Report: Fight Night Morning



I was up and working early today so that I'd be done by the time the Pacquiao fight started. My Cignal HD subscription gave me a free Pay Per View of the fight on high definition... so obviously my house was the premiere place to be in Jasaan this morning for the big event. Epril and I (and Tatay) invited all our friends over to watch. (There was also a good sized crowd outside the house as well.)

As expected, Manny gave Miguel Cotto a serious beatdown. The first round was a bit of a surprise, with Cotto coming on strong. Then, the fight turned on a dime in the second round, was essentially over by the fourth round (but took until the sixth round to be certain), and then the last 6 rounds were really just a formality.

I spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Steve from England, who lives down the road on the town square. He's a part of the Royal Merchant Navy. A very nice fellow.

After that I played video games all evening, ate some very delicious corn on the cob, and had a bottle of San Miguel beer. Not a particularly exciting day (other than the fight), but enjoyable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jil,

You mean the fights are no longer free in the Philippines? I ask because in past the cable company where we lived showed the fights for free Some people would go to Ayala mall, restraunts or etc to watch but mostly because they had no TV or whatever. I had been reading about the PPV Philippines and wondering though. Out of curiosity do you guys have access to Phil roducts cable in Jasaan? I ask as that is the company that we used to see the fights free through. On a funny note though the same company also had many channels that would say on bottom of screen "please call number shown if you are seeing this message as your provider is iligally broadcasting signal" hehehe. Anyway, Was a good fight but the results expected as Margarito took something out of Cotto which never returned.