Sunday, October 25, 2009

Daily Report: Pool Party

Sunday afternoon: My one truly sacrosanct time of rest and relaxation. Sometimes I shamelessly squander my Sunday afternoons in front of the television, sometimes (like today) I make good use of it.

Today Epril and I joined the Birds at Kahulogan Pool Resort... one of the five pool resorts in the purlieu of Jasaan, for which our little village is locally famous. Epril and I brought along 5 pizzas from the restaurant (still chugging along at a suprisingly steady level) while the Birds supplied humba and adobo.

We had a wonderful day eating, drinking, swimming, and chatting. Surprisingly, we wound up renting a bungalow right next to our old friend, Daddy Aldrin, the MOR Radio deejay who emcee'd our wedding party. We hadn't seen him in several months. (He occasionally sends a "shout-out" to me on his radio show though, and I reply with an occasional text.) He's a very nice fellow. We gave him and his wife one of our pizzas. Here we are with Aldrin below in the photo. I don't know who the 2 guys in the background are.

In the evening, our friend Ron Schreuder stopped by the pizza stand with his wife and kids and had dinner. They gave birth to a newborn boy last week whom Epril and I have yet to stop by and see. After that, I watched a bit of History HD, and then Discovery Travel and Living with Anthony Bourdain as he worked his way through New York City's best ethnic restaurants. (Boy, watching that show made me miss New York City: Oh, the food.)

Meanwhile, Epril was actually back at Kahulogan resort for yet another pool party with a "texting group" she belongs to. I don't know how it works, but apparently there are chat groups via mobile phone here in The Philippines. I guess that this one Epril is a member of is comprised of people mostly from the Jasaan area. Epril went back to the pool resort for a couple of hours for that.

No comments: