Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily Report: Morning Walk

I took Tyson out for a walk this morning and took the new camera along.

As I stepped out of the front gate with Tyson, this was looking off to our right, toward the rising sun with the mist still masking the hills in the background. That is kid sister Kristel standing on the corner, waiting to go to school.
We walked east one block and then south one block, and came to the northeast corner of the village square. It's really quite lovely and is always filled with people enjoying themselves. At night, the lamp posts are beautiful.
We then went 2 blocks west and 1 block north, and came to Tyson's good friend, Mini Me. (He has a different name, but I call him that for obvious reasons.) Tyson actually played well with Mini Me today... usually he drops one heavy paw on Mini Me, Mini Me starts barking, and play time is over.
There are also 2 Bichon Frese type dogs tied up on the roof of a house near the park. They have a line that their leashes are attached to, and they run along the porch roof. They bark when they see Tyson, and for reasons unknown, nothing seems to annoy and frustrate Tyson more than these 2 dogs up on the roof. He barks and jumps and twirls and barks some more. Every time we go for a walk, this happens. Actually, I think this is the favorite part of his walk.

Well, it was back one block to the east to home. Here is the grass we had put in. It doesn't look too good right now. I had the folks who put the grass down spread fertilizer dirt underneath the turves and the final result was a bit lumpy. I had Tatay buy a big plastic barrel (left edge of photo) to fill with water and roll down the dirt after it rains, but that hasn't helped. I guess it will just do its own thing now.

Finally, it is up to my office. As I sit at my desk, this is the view to my left, looking West. That's Jasaan Central School and the front gate through which all the students pass. You can actually see the ocean off on the left edge of the photo.


UPDATE:

At 8 a.m. there was a parade. They do this about once every 2 weeks it seems. This is the third or fourth parade in the past month though... so even more frequently as of late.

I could hear all the bands warming up in the town plaza. As I was standing out on my rooftop garden, this truckload of students went by on their way to the parade, saw me up here and everybody yelled and cheered and waved... so I took their picture.

At 8 a.m., the police truck went by the house, as per usual, sirens blaring, announcing the start of the parade, as the parade goers marched behind. This woke Epril up and she joined Tyson and me on the roof in her pajamas. (She's always happy and pretty in the morning... even when awakened involuntarily by police sirens.)


The parade was the usual fare, with each school being led by the school van, followed by 3 or 4 majorettes carring the school initials, followed by twirlers, followed by a band consisting solely of xylophones and drums, and then the students, and then the teachers in the rear.


Our new 12 megapixel Sony DSC T900 camera is about the size of a deck of playing cards, except thinner, and also shoots 720p high-def video:

2 comments:

Mike said...

That is a nice camara... Some really nice pictures, can see a difference.

Mom said...

Great pictures and I loved the videos. I'm so glad you got a new camera!