Friday, October 2, 2009

Daily Report: Big Motorcycle Accident

Tonight in the town of Tagoloan, Epril and I had a head-on crash with another motorcycle that was driving into oncoming traffic down our lane. Miraculously, luck and some incredible moment-of-disaster driving on my part saved Epril and me (and the stupid motherfucker who hit me) from no injury more serious than bruises. But, my motorcycle was completely shattered... the other guy's motorcycle was minimally damaged. Of course, since I don't have a Filipino driver's license (and my New York one expired... oops), I'm responsible for the whole thing. As far as the police (and the stupid motherfucker who hit me) are concerned, that's the end of the matter.

Looks like I've paid The Stupid Tax again. I really don't feel like talking about it other than that.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last I heard, US driver's licences do NOT expire if you are out of the country at renewal time.

When a applied for my Philippine DL about ten years ago, my US license had expired. I showed LTO my passport. He noted that info on my application, I took t6he written test, and that was it.

Mike Farrell
Cagayan de Oro

Unknown said...

Jil, hope you and Epril were now ok aside from the bruises and pains.. you take care guys... hope to see you around again soon.

Mom said...

Good heavens! I am glad you both are okay. Take care, my son.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you two weren't hurt, but it still seems unfair that the farang is always at fault in these accidents. Also, too bad about your bike, after all the work, time, and money that went into making it cherry.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jil, I am so glad you two are OK!!! That sounds really scary.

-Nancy

Unknown said...

if you were in your own country it would never have happened. plus you have more money because of your countries unfare trade practices and hegemony . so damn right you should pay

plus you are grossly overweight with the co-ordination and reflexes of a drunk cancer patient.
there is a every probability anyone else would have avoided this accident, their fault or not

Jil Wrinkle said...

See Owen? I knew you weren't a man of your word: You said you wouldn't be back anymore because all of my readers are idiots. I guess you feel at home here.

I still want to know if this is the same Owen that I knew in Pattaya. I hope it is: I have a few juicy secrets I'd like to share about your daughter. Heheh.

Mike said...

Well Owen See you havent been able to get that nasty taste from your mouth or mind yet... It looks like your not only a women hater, but also are against overwieght people and cancer patients also... I just bet you are the most perfect human specimen and the pride of your community... Hummmm I dont think so...

Unknown said...

just wiping the floor with you guys, excercising my mind

and nope i'm way too cool for pattaya

Fretzie said...

...just in time Owen! You really need to exercise your mind for your brains to go back to it's normal function... that is, if you have or had one!... and also if there was ever a time that you can call yourself normal! And nope, you're not cool either, Pattaya or where??? I don't really think so...