Thursday, August 13, 2009

Daily Report: Sudden Problem, Sudden Clarity

Tyson has spent pretty much every day since he came to our house lying at my feet under my desk while I work. Today, for some reason, he decided to chew on one of the wires under there: The wire to my foot pedal, which I use to start and stop dictations as I am typing them. Suddenly my foot pedal stopped working. Fortunately, I have a backup foot pedal, but it is an older one that is sketchy in its function. Tyson is obviously banished from my office henceforth.

I'll take the ruined foot pedal to a computer shop in Cagayan De Oro to see if the wire can't be repaired. If not, since there are transcription centers in CDO, I'll see if I can buy a new one.

I purchased the DVD set of the first season of the original series of Star Trek from one of the local expatriates, Dave Z., and have been watching it. It is the remastered version: They went back to the 35-mm film originals and re-scanned them in high definition, and also remade some of the old space scenes originally done with plastic models with CGI computer versions. The show really looks gorgeous on the big screen TV. I highly recommend this DVD set to any Star Trek fan.

No comments: