Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daily Report: Shooting The Breeze

I didn't do much today... mostly sat around and watched TV and played video games.

I had some paint shipped to me here in The Philippines in a friend's balakbayan box. It's that special color-shifting paint that goes from purple to green depending on the angle that you are looking at it. I'm going to paint the Motorstar motorcycle with it. I'm also trying to find some copper-chrome paint to buy as well so that I can paint the highlights to look like shiny copper metal. Who knows? If I put enough money and time into the bike, maybe I can eventually sell it for what I paid for it.

Epril went out shooting today. Epril and I are starting to feel left out: Almost every American we know... and his Filipina wife... is a handgun enthusiast. Add to that the fact that The Philippine Eagles (which I joined recently) could probably list "sport shooting" as one of its top 3 raisons d'etre, and we're thinking that it is probably time to keep up with the Joneses...

...or at least I think so. Epril got to the firing range today with every intention of becoming the next Annie Oakley, was handed a pistol by Eve VanOrden, and nearly pissed herself out of anxiety: No shots fired. Maybe next time though, she says.

No comments: