Monday, August 24, 2009

Daily Report: My Blind Family

Epril told me the other day I look like Bruce Willis without my facial hair. Then today her younger sister Ednil said the same thing. Great: First I have to pay to send Tyson to the veterinarian, now I have to pay to send these two nuts to the optometrist. I look as much like Bruce Willis as I look like Bruce Lee.

I took Tyson for a walk after work today. There is a house out by the city plaza with a menagerie of cement animals in the front yard. Tyson apparently thought they were real, so I had some fun, petting the things and saying, "Oh... Good rhinoceros!" Tyson had a fit. Glasses for him too.

Older sister Susan has developed a new recipe based on something that one of my old maids in Thailand used to make: She takes ground pork, diced onions, potatoes, and carrots, adds in flour and Magic Sarap seasoning, and fries up patties of this stuff. Delish. We had the entire family over, plus Fatima and Mark, for dinner tonight. I watched TV and played some video games before going to bed.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you look more like the guy from "The Shield," Michael Chiklas. Check Google images...

Of course, I don't have my glass on!

mataho in bkk

Jil Wrinkle said...

Yes Mataho, I know him. That's certainly closer.

Actually, when I had my college portraits done 20 years ago, I thought I looked very much like Kelsey Grammer / Frasier Crane.

I think I like your comparison better.

Dan Molden said...

I agree that Michael Chiklas may be closer, but the Bruce Willis thing isn't that far off (and I still have 20/20 vision). I wouldn't have believed it without seeing the picture posted below, though.

Jil Wrinkle said...

Alright, if you people are going to insist I look like a rugged-yet-dashing movie action hero, I'll just have to put up with it. Yippee-ki-yay.

Issarat said...

How do you like your head shaved? It looks a lot better by the way.

Jil Wrinkle said...

It's cool. It's actually been that way for 3 years now.