Thursday, July 9, 2009

Daily Report: Not Much To Report

Sorry I haven't posted much lately. Quite simply, almost nothing has been going on for the last week. Tyson is doing fine... although he is still eating and chewing everything.

We decided not to get his ears or tail done. His tail is really just not that important to me. I did want to get his ears done but there was a bit of confusion as the vet told us to wait until 3 months old, and the internet told us that ears done after 3 months old wouldn't stand up. Regardless, by the time I thought about "making the cut", I realized that Tyson's ears are adorable and really are little semiotic flags to his personality: They stick straight out at attention, go happily up and drearily down , flip back in excitement, droop in exhaustion.


Tatay, my father in law, is back from a 50-day fishing job. I told him a couple of times that he doesn't have to work anymore if he doesn't want to; but he wants to, so he does.

We hired a new security guard, and he sits outside our house at night. He's a member of some Neighborhood Watch program — I don't know the details — and I think he has just moved his post from wherever it was before to in front of our place. The $30 a month that I pay him is well worth the peace of mind.

I've just about finished the major portion of my video game, Elder Scrolls IV. After that it will be off to "The Shivering Isles" section... an add-on that was bundled with the game. I definitely got my money's worth out of this particular game.

We've been eating my mother's BBQ chicken like crazy: Three times in the last 7 days. Everybody loves it, and the BBQ sauce is relatively easy to make and vastly inexpensive compared to store-bought BBQ sauce.

Work is back to sucking again. It's the annual cycle: Nobody gets sick during the summer, so there isn't as much work to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of your family. Tyson is growing up! I agree about the ears and tail.
BBQ sauce - can you bottle it???
Mom