Thursday, June 11, 2009

Daily Report: Double Day

Epril went into CDO and renewed my tourist visa again at Immigration. This time it was 2,800 pisos (about $60). We're so bad: We should have switched it over to a marriage visa months ago, but the fact is once we get the new tourist visa, we don't think about The Visa Situation basically until the next visa is about due. Then, since the marriage visa takes a while, we come to the screw-it-and-just-get-the-tourist-visa-again decision. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Epril also went in to Cagayan De Oro to help the Expats Ladies Charities get all of the school supplies they purchased for poor kids up in the mountains. I'm not sure when they are going to deliver all of those things... but soon, I imagine.

Mike Bird was over for dinner. We watched The Dark Knight on Blu Ray. Mike is a cinematiste who prides himself on his virtu of "chick flicks", and has until now avoided films like The Dark Knight, figuring them to be targeted to 12-year-old boys. It took me months of badgering until he finally sat down tonight and watched the Batman movie... and he liked it just fine. Next on the list is Kung Fu Hustle. I have a copy of "Beavis and Butthead Do America" hiding once I've got him softened up. I figure that if I throw a couple of pitchers of Cagayan Cocktails into the mix, he'll be laughing at Ace Ventura's fart and booger jokes in no time.

It's been cloudy here for the entire week so far, which is rare; the weather normally rolls by pretty quickly, so that morning weather conditions rarely match afternoon or evening.

The Jungle Jumpers (my basketball team) wound up taking third place in the consolation finals. They probably could have won, since the team that "illegitimately" beat them with a 3-should-have-been-2-pointer won first place. Now, there are other games going on at the pavilion behind the house in the town square with huge crowds cheering. I suppose it is all of the various town champions from around the area playing. Maybe I'll stop by some time.

Tyson caught a bit of a stomach bug recently, and I've put him on antibiotics. Even though there is no vet in town, we can buy antibiotics over the counter here, so I just bought some amoxicillin and am giving him 50 milligrams twice a day... just a little pinch of the pill's powder on some human food. So far it seems to be working quite well as his stools have improved immensely.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Paul and I just finished watching Dark Knight. I didn't like it. Too much darkness. I had forgotten that Batman movies are all gloom and doom.