Saturday, May 9, 2009

Daily Report: One Hour Was Right

Epril and I went into Cagayan De Oro today. After 3 months, my motorcycle was finally ready to be picked up and taken home to Jasaan.

I told Epril that the motorcycle would last for an hour and then break down. The guys at the shop told me if I had any problems to bring it back. At least they seem invested in making sure that I do walk away satisfied.

I stayed in Cagayan De Oro with the bike: First, Epril and I went to McDonald's for lunch. Then we paid some bills, stopped by the vet to make an appointment to get Tyson's ears done.

And then, as we came out of the vet's... almost one minute to the hour after picking up the bike. You guessed it: The motorcycle wouldn't start. No electric flowing from the battery to anything. Entirely dead.

We contacted Mechanic Jun (who was out of town for the weekend) and told him that we were stranded, and then we caught a cab back to his garage, and dropped off the key to the motorcycle with his head mechanic, and then caught a cab back to Jasaan. Jun's folks then went and picked up the bike. No word yet on what the problem was.

I sat in bed this evening and played Civilization (the PC version) tonight on Epril's laptop. It's so much a better game than the PS3 version.

No comments: