Thursday, May 14, 2009

Daily Report: The Just Rewards

Work has not been going well lately. I'm annoyed most at the fact that it seemed to be smoothing out and picking up quite nicely there for a while... but now it has taken another nosedive.


Epril in her Jungle Jumpers
uniform, taking a break from
her dreams of basketball
stardom to pose for a pic.
The basketball team uniforms arrived today. I was surprised: They are quite nice, and have the "Jungle Jumpers" team name on the front. In the end, I wound up spending $100 instead of $60... but the guys are quite happy, and they keep winning.

Epril got a uniform for herself as well. She's really cute running around the house pretending she's a basketball star. She's all excited for the next game, as are Susan and Ednil. The next game is this coming Tuesday, and I'll get a team photo then.


Tyson and his girl, Ednil.
We've added Epril's best friend Fatima to our household as well. It is now me and four lovely ladies in the house... plus my boy Tyson. I told Tyson yesterday that it wasn't fair for me to have all the ladies in the house while he had none, so I gave him Ednil. She is his number one chew toy anyway.

We watched Slumdog Millionaire tonight. It was a great movie. It reminded me so much of Forrest Gump, which I was surprised to learn only Susan had seen so far. Therefore I'm going to buy a copy of that movie and we'll be watching it tomorrow night. I just read that one of the actors, the little boy who played Jamal's brother early in life, is actually a "slumdog" in his own right and his family's house was just razed to the ground today. You would think that in the millions of dollars that movie made, he would have seen enough money to at least get himself and his family out of the hovel they occupied. Apparently not... and that's definitely wrong.

No comments: