Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daily Report: Jungle Jumpers

An old friend from Thailand is visiting Epril: Honey Mae. She arrived today and will be leaving tomorrow to go home to her parents in Osamis City. She is back in The Philippines for her birthday. She and her hubby Geoff are now living in Viet Nam, having left Pattaya about 4 or 5 months ago.

There are regular basketball games going on at the local pavilion in the town square near my house. It's a regional thing I guess, with various local towns competing. I stopped by and watched a little bit the other night while I was walking Tyson. I think the teams could give my old high school team a run for their money... or at least the JV squad.

Anyway, it's drawing several hundred people per night, with announcers and cheerleaders and everything. Constant cheering and screaming.

They asked for donations for uniforms: The first person to donate $60 gets to name the team. Can anybody think of something better than "Jungle Jil's Jasaan Jumpers"... or "Jungle Jumpers" for short?

I've got a bad stomach again. Probably undercooked chicken at dinner last night. I spent the afternoon in bed moaning about it.

J.M. is home from the hospital. Seems Fanny Adams is skewiff in the bonce. (That's British for "Apparently nothing is wrong with his head.")

No comments: